Genome diagnostics Sample requirements
Genome diagnostics application for NGS package with CNV analysis, exclusively on freshly collected EDTA (anticoagulated) blood.
For adults 2x 6-7 ml, small children 5-10 ml / (never freeze, do not use 4 ml tubes).
Clearly state name, date of birth and gender on all blood tubes.
Umbilical cord blood
5-10 ml / (never freeze, do not use 4 ml tubes).
Clearly state name, date of birth and gender on the sample tubes. Send blood from the mother in addition.
Only accepted when collected in Oragene OG-500 kits.
NGS panels 10 μg, other tests 5 μg.
Biopt / Tissue
Volume 0,5 cm3. Please note: NO muscle tissue, but muscle fascia.
Cheek mucosa / Swab
Once a test is requested, an applicationform is generated including an address label. The address label indicates shipment to the AMC or VUmc location. The addresses can also be found at contact.
Required packaging: Absorbent sheet, blister, safety bag.
Packing and shipping according to international UN3373 / P650 regulations.
• WHO Guidance on regulations for the Transport of Infectious Substances
• European Agreement for the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR).
BVF Platform Transport Guidelines biological samples (in Dutch only).
• https://www.un3373.com/un3373-packaging/p650-packaging-instruction (Commercial site, for information only regarding packaging materials)
1. Never freeze samples, ship at room temperature (not under controlled conditions).
2. State on the package “fragile” and “keep at room temperature”.
3. The samples must include name and date of birth and a fully completed application form.
The laboratory can refuse the samples if these 3 conditions are not met.
• General: Send blood at room temperature by courier. Send prenatal samples by courier on the day of collection.
All handling and storage prior to receipt of a sample is beyond the responsibility of the laboratory.